Friday, November 30, 2012

Oh deer!

It’s that time of the year, first week shotgun season! This is where all of the wary monster bucks are far away to a point where bow hunters cannot shoot at. The only way to get this distant deer is the use of the shotgun. I am going to get in the woods this weekend; hopefully someone will be able to take my shift as I go out to hunt!
The original plan is to get out four in the morning and cross the river at five while the sun isn’t out yet, then get to land in order to not spook any monster bucks. The other hunters would never thought of crossing the river into public land as they walk in from the parking lot to scare all of the whitetails to my direction. My step-dad has done this a couple of times and witnessed the biggest buck in the neck of the woods. It was said to be a nine/ ten pointer with huge antler mass that you couldn’t get your hands around. That’s what I’m after, a buck with antler mass, not the lengthy tines and beams.
With a 350 pound structure, this was tough to kill with an arrow, this deer was in the shooting range a couple of times, but he couldn’t find a way to get the arrow in his broadside body without letting it escape injured. We wanted him down, I’ve got the muzzleloader, and he’s going down as I get him in the vitals. I’m excited once I see this huge antler mass strutting around in the dense woods. My range would be more than 100 yards, and it will hit with such impact.
There were other nice ones in the woods too, not with antler mass, but lengthy tines, and if I seem to never find that buck within only 3 days of my short hunting season, I might as well not let a nice one pass up and I’ll take it. My step-dad passed a lot of nice ones, but his clock is running out for “the one” and now that bow season is over, he regretted it, but here is my chance to get the deer he wanted.
It would be a nice addition to my small room, the wall hanger of this ginormous buck that would be my third one ever. So far the bucks I’ve shot have gotten bigger in count. My first buck was a tiny eight, and recently I shot a massive five pointer with hardly any antler mass, but this should be my third and biggest one yet. I really want this buck badly! I need more than just an antler and skull mount of whitetails in my room; I would definitely hire a taxidermist for 500 dollars for this monster buck. I would also need walleyes and monster muskies in the room as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment