Monday, December 17, 2012

Guttenburg review

The fishing trip to Guttenberg dam was time consuming, but it was worth it as you see so many hills, so many trees out there without leaves, it still covers up the hills 100%. The land is so pure, Amish people had the lands and we had the guide in this small town. The whole population of the small town however, fishes. There are walleyes, saugeyes, and saugers at every angle in the Mississippi river. They’re everywhere; it’s like pan-fishing for these toothy big fish. I could not imagine how big some of them can get in this area. I’d buy all of my time in the spring break to catch one of these monster walleyes and saugers to hang up on the wall. I need some neat outdoor furniture’s, and mostly it has to be outdoor things I’ve earned, and I know I’ve said this many times, but it is my life.
This would be the place to go for walleyes, although if I can go everywhere on earth, I would choose red river in Canada. The red river has extraordinary walleyes, one of a kind in this only planet. The walleyes can get up to a potential of 40 inches, which means “mother of all walleyes”. I don’t know if there is one that BIG out there, but they’ve caught 38 inchers up there. In Guttenberg the biggest walleyes caught there were 34 inches. But there could be bigger hiding on the bottom in those endless gallons of water. Guttenberg would be your best chance of all odds to get a monster walleye in Iowa. In any body of water in Canada, you could get many 30 inchers, but it all comes down to Red River, where only a few folks live in. I think if we had as many fishermen’s in Guttenberg as we do in Red River, the odds of someone catching a 40 incher is pretty immense. There are hundreds of boats out there in the spring time to catch these hungry walleyes. In Red River, a few Amish folks, and fishermen’s would go there, and come across some nice ones.
Just think of it as this, if you went to Red River in Canada and your first fish was a 30 inch walleye, would you be excited to imagine if you could catch a bigger one in that river? In Guttenberg, you’re really likely to catch a 15 incher walleye right off the bat, or your first one of the day. Then you’d think you’re going to catch many more of the same length walleyes. I have no clear explanation why people don’t go up to Red River, maybe because it’s too cold? I would go out of my way to get some big fish like that though!

No comments:

Post a Comment