Wednesday, December 12, 2012

New truck!

After searching for a great truck at a reasonable price, reasonable mileage, and reliable transmission, engine, and so on. My time has finally been paid off, saving money by the thousands, and only eighty two thousand miles. A ford ranger that is a decade old, is going to be my first car that’ll get me from point A to B. How do some people, however, get a nice big avalanche for their first car, isn’t that forty thousand dollars? People should be thankful that their parents are paying for part of it. I’m thankful that I have to pay for only half of it, not only because they’re helping me with it, but I get to resell that car for more than the half price if I keep it in good condition.
It just amazes me how some people would buy not only by the thousands on the cars, but by the hundred thousands, and perhaps millions. Isn’t that a little bit too much? It’s kind of like saying, ok, your monthly payment on this car is going to be twenty thousand EACH month. A million dollar car is worth more than ninety five percent of the Americans homes. It’s ridiculous to see that they invest their life for a car; however, I like to see that dogs in the cars get more attention from the kids rather than the sports cars. This is one of the very few things that should be that way, out of the many ways that shouldn’t be in our society.
This truck is a big step into my adulthood, to start progressing in jobs, internships, college, housing, and furniture’s, groceries, and yeah lots of budgeting. Now that I can travel anywhere at any given time with a full license, I can do more without having to borrow my parents car. This is just an example though, everyone always has it hard at the start, it’s a fact, because they don’t make as much, but they’re young and they want to have lots of fun in doing what they can do while they’re young. As you make the money you worked for, you’ll be older by then, and you’ll never have the youth in you to do what you’ve always wanted to do. Although I believe that experience should lead you to making more wage, and as a young person it is hard to get in the job, so you should be thankful once you have a good paying one, although it wouldn’t be as much for a starting year.
I worked with my minimum wage of Hy-Vee money to get all of this truck, which is only step one. I’ll need to work more on the internship so I can get a good job after college. It’ll be another big step, bigger than getting my first car.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO jealous. I want to get a truck really bad, but I'd have to pay for it myself. I work, too, but it's difficult for me to save up the money. :/

    ReplyDelete