Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lost in screens

Wow, look at that 90 inch flat screen T.V, wow look at the new I-pad, wow look at that I-pod touch, wow look at these apps on this fancy smart phone, wow look at these new crazy laptops, and whoa there’s new game console better than the x-box? What do they all have in common? They’re electronics that are easy to get lost in. You’d be lost in the world of electronics just like that, because they’re very distracting and you could spent hours on end being distracted by them. They’re surprisingly cheaper, you may think it’s a lot of money, but if we didn’t have Chinese people working for these electronics and replace it on U.S workers based on the salary, it’ll cost an I-pad 15,000 to sell. We have all of these goods with such high marginal utility, that it’ll go through the roof, almost as effective as crack.
It’s too bad you’re going to be able to use it during your job shift, but afterwards, during your free time, you’d get your hands on it right away, because you don’t even want to go outside to enjoy the fresh air, just vegetating indoors, and growing unnatural paleness. It’s just not right, around Christmas times, people will still use their screens to keep themselves distracted from talking to their families and friends, or I should say the holidays and any other given time.
I don’t know if it’s just as a kid, but I cherish things more out of little things, I derived happiness more than I do now. It could also coincidentally be around the time when these screens weren’t so distracting in the ninety’s. It was more interacting with your family, especially during the holidays. I guess when it reaches to the thirties in the year of two thousand, it’ll be more distracting and I’ll start to notice I wasn’t exaggerating at all. I mean look at how much we’ve progressed in just a decade, we went from little toys to fancy smartphones, twitter, Facebook, and more ways to get attention from girls through the internet. It just doesn’t seem right at all. It should be more of saying hi to people like the normal people would, and it’ll be as realistic as it gets, when it comes to girls, because you’re actually there saying hi to them, and not through deceiving pictures on social networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment