Thursday, January 10, 2013

Why so Opposite?

Does my brother just want to be the opposite of me? Or is he just interested in show choir, speech, movies, and plays while I hunt, fish, weightlift, participate in many sports, and so forth. Some brothers are different, like ours, but I know of others that are almost identical. They would do the same things, same hobbies, and same preferences.
I have a feeling that people just don’t want to be similar to someone who they just see every day in their same house, in the same school, with the same last names. They want to be a leadership of something different in their family, otherwise they’d be compared as “the greater brother”, if both of them do weightlifting, and one does much better, then what does the lesser brother represent in their family?
However, I think it may be a coincidence that my brother really loves movies, plays, and acting, and chose to be that way. He didn’t want to be the opposite; it’s just the way he lives. We’re best friends somehow. We’ll have same opinions, but not over our hobbies, but the way we interact with other people. We’d talk just to talk, and sometimes, but rarely, I’d go to movies, or show choir concerts, and then chat with him about other non-related stuff, and the opposite goes the same, he’d fish, but not entirely, and he’d talk about anything as we sit on the boat, not where we think the fish would be.
We have four siblings, and coincidentally enough, my sister is in D.C, the east coast, starting her own small business, and my younger brother wants to be a movie star, and go to California, the west coast, while I want to be a resort owner up in Minnesota, and my older brother wants to go south where he can enjoy warm weather year round. So we’re basically splitting in all four directions, far far far far away from one another. I want to hold family reunions maybe more than five times a year, where I can close the resort, so all of the friends, families, and families friends can come over to my resort and have our “family get-away”.
I think Iowa is a beautiful place though; maybe all four siblings might as well be stuck in the cornfields. My sister is considering moving back to Ames, and I might not be financially ready for the job, and my older brother may find a better paying job. My brother will have to find a theater related job in Iowa, maybe a Wherenberg corporate manager. So here we are, with completely different personalities, in the same state.

No comments:

Post a Comment