Friday, October 12, 2012

Anyone agree?

I don’t know about you, but in the winter, I can smell the outdoors differently than the summer air. Not only in Cedar Rapids could you smell that burning landfill but the different stench of smell. Winter, not only everyone has the sniffles, but winter has a different stench of smell. Anyone agree with me? Cause everyone seems to disagree.
The summer smells like grass with an exception that it has more smell to it in the atmosphere, and the winter, it’s like a stench of stale wood. You could almost taste the cold water with the smell. I’m not weird or anything! I just smell these things.
In the spring, my dog would always put his head up and take a big noticeable whiff as the wind blows in his direction. In the winter, he doesn’t do that anymore, he just sniffs the ground more often, so little patters that I take big notice of. That tells me the grass smell has gone from the atmosphere to the ground as the winter weather has a certain temperature to take that smell away.
Overall, I think the smell of winter is better than the smell of summer, only because the fragrant of stale wood make the place seem different in a good way.
As I learned from APES the nitrogen fixation bacteria will be strongly activated when it has oxygen and decompose the leaves in the fall. That is why fall has a different fragrance than summer and spring, spring is like the smell of an after storm, whereas you could smell the N02 in the air, and has that barometer; that everyone likes to breathe in.( If you know what I’m saying.)
But winter, has none, they are all enclosed under ice, and in the ground as the oxygen slightly drops in the cold weather; I just like the smell of winter, because it is fresh, and yet stale. I hope it’s not just me; you all should be able to smell the difference of the seasons. I think….
I mean, my dog has a different sniffing pattern throughout the season, watch your pets some days, and try to distinguish their sniffing patterns throughout the season. It may be too long to notice the changes, but I’ve noticed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment