Tuesday, October 23, 2012

AP CALCULUS! Arrrgh!

Higher Order Derivatives through implicit functions, with HO: DHI methods, oh that’s the easy part. I meant finding rate of the water in a cone dripping into a big cylinder, where you need to figure out how much water is left in after certain amounts of time and what the radius of the water in the cone will be at this certain height in a given derived rate. Geeez! Thank goodness I’m taking it now, so I can get done with this thing.
I remembered when I first loved math, but now where did the numbers go? Now it’s all strategic method of arithmetic order. Some dropped the class to do AP stat, but my brinkmanship for getting a 4 or better on the AP calculus exam is there, I want to understand these concepts thoroughly, and it will be a big part of my college credits I’ll have later in life. The average person will take 16 college credits per term, and I want to skip a term in college, to get ahead of the game, so far I have a 4 in APES, which is much easier than AP calculus, and two exams coming up from Econ, and this class, which I hope to get a 4 or 5, after learning all of the structures in literature. If everything went smooth, then I would be able to get approximately 20 college credits or so.
That would be a great head start, but I need to get this math thing down, and of course a normal response would be what would this thing to for our life, and I know it would never be used for real life, I mean who is gonna use derivatives to find how fast the water is coming out of a cone. Something smart people would do in their leisure. But I finally found out that it is a way to test your capacity of knowledge, so when you are going to get hired, you want to show them how much you know, and these hard math classes will get you up there.
Look at these math equations, tell me if they make any sense, it’s not super long, but it is pretty darn complex, I tried to make it as simple as possible, but each step is an arithmetic method that you are supposed to memorize and to be able to understand THROUGHLY.
Notice how the varible to number ratio is almost 1:1, and you can't just plug in the variable, just keep on shifting it around, and deriving it until it gets settled and you're now ready to plug in the variables, but you still have to know which ones to put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment