Monday, October 15, 2012

Weightlifting at 7 p.m, why not high school?!

The school program sucks in a way. They have weightlifting until 6th hour is over, then they close the room, with no one allowed in it. I’m ok with that during the first trimester because I have better things to do during that time, like running ten miles everyday, but now in the winter, what am I going to do? It is that awkward time frame when the daylight hours are short and it gets dark early. I like the early darkness feeling, because it makes you feel like you stayed up late. But why not weightlifting during that time?
I remember freshman year, the year I gained 20 pounds, when I was a scrawny little guy, into a moderate lean guy. I loved the weightlifting program everyday after school, and wrestling had their program involved with weightlifting too. I would weight lift after school until they showed up, the room really warms up. It just feels great to get a lot of work done and get outside in the cold dark blue night while I’ve warmed up a lot. I wouldn’t feel the chill at all. The iron is going in my system and as I get back home to get a long hot shower, I almost feel as if I was never going to get cold again.
So why not weightlifting after school? All I need is a partner that’ll be there to spot me for certain workouts such as bench, squats, and other weightlifting techniques that can go wrong badly. I can see it’s a safety thing, because there are too many freshmen that are like gym-monkeys, who would try to show off and max out every time they weight lift instead of doing the reps for the retails. They want to impress the upperclassmen that have done so much weightlifting that they are literally doing the freshman’s max-outs with an exception that they’re doing it in ten reps.
I thought weightlifting would help so much, but my running has gotten worse, and I’ve decided now that bulking up would be better than running long-long-long distances. I was the biggest guy in the team, and was only the top six of the team while I ran everyday in the winter (another way of staying warm in such cold weather). It’s just the schedule I want to work with, schoolwork all day, weightlifting at night and social life on the weekends. But work is tightening that schedule too. I prefer the work to be on weekdays, which is perfect because I can work 2-6 p.m every day and if only I could weight lift every day after 6 p.m my life would be perfect. I would definitely get early bird class and finish all five classes soon and have a comfortable evening.
When I get done with weightlifting at night during my freshman years, I felt productive and full of energy, and felt like I should do more things, it’s just me. Oh and I want a spa too, every day after the long wintery nights, I might as well hop in and enjoy.
P.S, my goal is to gain twenty five pounds by the end of winter! (530)

No comments:

Post a Comment