Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weather and fishing

I was fishing today, in spite of the rain; I thought we’d catch tons of them. But instead, we were struggling to catch fish, because of the weather itself. We didn’t know for sure if the fish were actually biting. I was fishing under a bridge, trying to stay dry and enjoying the delicious food I just bought. But NO, it was raining sideways! So the rain water caught my food and pooled up a muddy puddle where my tackle box and fishing equipments are catching all of the gritty sand, oh and yeah the rain caught me too, while being wet and catching all the wind wasn’t a pretty sight.
So we packed up and went back home. Enjoying the heat coming out of our car vent was a good thing. Overall it was fun, a story to tell later in life. But come on! Rain in October? It should rather be snowing, but I can see why it was rain, because the south wind was up into Iowa. I don’t know how many crazy fishermen are out there, but I sure hope there is enough for me to not stand out as the very few and odd ones. I just wanted to catch fish. Is that too much to ask for?
Some will give up fishing if they don’t catch anything for ten minutes, but the real reason why I love fishing is because the next second you could have a ginormous fish on the end of your line, just as your about to leave. So any moment could be your moment, which is why I fished in this weather, while no one else is, while the fish have to eat at some point, and not knowing what could come next.
That is why fishing could be funny sometimes, while we’re going out hoping for luck, we’d say it sucks if we didn’t get any, and once as it happened, one of the lines will go out and “BUZZZZZZ, CRACK!” a big fish just snapped the line and took off without a second notice. It’ll just make me wonder, when will the next bite happen, and how big was that thing, what kind was it, could’ve been a state record? That is why I’m always up on my gears waiting for hours that something may happen at a moment.
That could also be the reason why people have lies to tell, it could be true, but we’re not sure and we’ll never know because we weren’t out in certain weather conditions. Some people could easily say that giant fish only bite when it’s storming, raining, with a high barometer, when no one is out there risking their life to find out about the fish story, just a fish. Crazy things people would do just for the sake of fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment