Monday, September 24, 2012

A change in trance

Freshman year I wanted to be the fastest 5k runner in high school, I was only 100 pounds during that time and was always looking forward to getting better. The weightlifting room seemed tempting to me to hang out around. Then I made a jump to 130 pounds around the winter of my sophomore year, realizing that my running time was staying consistent. I realized I could’ve run faster if I didn’t try to gain muscle weight from the weight room. Thirty pounds was like carrying a back pack with an exception that the weight was on my lats and pecs while running. But the weight room was still a tempting place to hit. I ran faster and faster and tried to work hard in cross country to get a good 5k while gaining muscle weight, I dropped two minutes junior year, scoring times in every varsity meet, I was proud, but the following winter got the best of me offseason. I lifted more weights and jumped to 160 before I knew my senior year came by. I grew too, not all muscle gaining during my freshman year. So basically, I’m a 5k runner that is barely in the varsity league, and lifts weights just as much as the senior football players could. It’s a clash, but as the final year of cross country passes, I decided that I should do intense weightlifting, because I’m doing it for the retails. I’ve planned on reaching the 200 pound mark, and for track season, I would only do 400 meter dash, and possibly 800 meter dash, depending how the cardio/weighs would go together. I’ve done two mile races within the mile runs I would normally do. I also have three college classes with a job at hyvee that I work 20 hours weekly as an employee as a senior in high school, I also hang out with friends almost endlessly, and I literally never have time to watch TV for two hours straight at home. So that’s why next term I’ll be taking early bird and getting out 4th hour to work and all of that jazz, and I’ll head back to Kennedy high to do weightlifting until nighttime, I take this opportunity as a golden one, because weightlifting at school is free. My heart rate is 40 bpm; the only problem is that my cardio muscles are a tiny bit imbalanced, so I’m not at my full potential as a cardio runner. Otherwise I would’ve surpassed every cross country runner with a heart rate greater than 40. That is another reason why I’m going to hit the weight room, I’ll get better at something else other than the running.

No comments:

Post a Comment