Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Why do I love freezing?

I love being in the outdoors world, especially when it is winter themed and there are lots of boreal trees and boundary waters up north. When lots of people think about winter, they would think about staying in their house and have their "winter blues" until the snow melts away. For me, it's more like I have the "summer blues", becasue I can't wait until winter, to be able to do so many activities! There is ice-fishing, hunting, camping, skiing, snowmobling, hiking, and so many more on the list. I love ice-fishing, it's actually pretty warm in the tent, and some people I know live in a ice-fishing tent that owns a refridgerator, microwave, flooring, couch, and tv, just like a real house! With an exception that there is a hole in there that fish get caught through. I try to catch northerns through the ice, because at that time of the year, they pack on pounds and you could use aqua-vu to see the northerns the size of fence posts swimming through the waters, and the best part, to see it inhale the minnow you have on. I go hunting for monster whitetails out there, especially around the Burglinton, Iowa region, where they have huge antlers! (Big enough you can't grab your hands around their brow tines) I just love the feeling of being able to ambush whitetail deer as they walk through the snowy grounds, easier to track their blood trails, and the best part is going back to the hotel to soak in the spa. To talk about what happened during the hunting session, there's always a story. Not only do I ski, but cross country skiing seems to be one of my "must" do. I want to go out skiing at night to see snow reflecting upon the moonlight in a rich silvery glittery pattern. I enjoy these things, even when I go sledding with my neighbors, we will still see the same pattern on these snow grounds during moonlight time. Hiking has the same perception too, just different because you're out to see wolves, moose, deer, and anything that may catch your eye, (even the sasquatch!). Last thing I would do after enjoying that outdoor activity is go back inside to sit by the fire and drink hot coca, or I could be watching the wintery constellations in the sky to watch for geminids meteor showers or northern lights if I'm lucky enough while being in a spa on a roof (If only I could afford that), and listen to music. There's just lots of things I love to do during the wintery seasons, I could care less about the temperature, tis the season to be jolly! No more dealing with hot weather, sweating unconditionally, and getting heat strokes like I would easily get. No more dealing with mosquito bites, bugs buzzing by your ears, and sitting in hot cars, sitting on metal benches, and more pain that involves heat. When winter comes by, be prepared to agree with me how much fun winter is as I demonstrate how great this weather is and what to do in such freezing weather, don't fight the cold, enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment