Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My sisters wedding

My sister is getting married! This following weekend this graduated student with a master’s degree and my soon to be brother in law with a bachelors in engineering, and someone who started business in his early twenty’s will get married on September 22, 2012. My sister chose this unique day, only because the world is claimed to end on this day, if not; December 21, 2012 would be the next guess. So they pretty much gave us a wedding invitation letter, saying “save the date”, with two hypothetical meanings, to literally save the date, and to schedule the date as the first priority. Party potatoes, tons of food, drinks, and at a beautiful park are going to be included. There will be at least 400 of our closest people attending this wedding, while this would be my first time for me to visit at a rehearsal dinner. Since this is a direct family member of mine. I am looking forward to tons of food, to be a brother in law, to get to know all of the people there, and to congratulate my sister for another major event accomplished. If I were to have a wedding, I’m not the guy that’ll make the plans, it’s always the girls planning on limo, food, where, when, theme, songs, and so on. I think that is how the tradition is around here. Same thing to my sister, she made more than half of the plans, while my brother in law and I would talk about how awesome life is. The songs were easy to make, because we all are obsessed with music and we would constantly put songs on the playlist that goes well in order, the food wasn’t an issue, just the pricing we had to decide on, the theme was made almost at an instant, where they want to set up a wedding out in the country, because all they have been doing the past years were going into big cities for travel, and living in Washington D.C. Mostly because most of us live in Iowa too. The only thing different that a traditional wedding wouldn’t have is the fact that we don’t use a limo, but a normal car ride. This wedding would go well I’m pretty sure, because they planned this for a year; they couldn’t do it months after their proposal, because she is still getting her degree at the time. I’m looking forward to it, and to induct Mike, my new brother in law into our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment