Monday, September 10, 2012

Camping weekly (If only...)

Every weekend, I either work all day or camp all day and night. This weekend, however, I couldn’t camp, because I have to work a total of 11 hours this weekend. I need to shift my schedule to a point where I could work many hours, still be in cross country practices/meets, and camp all weekend. A dream that would be, I have to wait until October to readjust the schedule to camp. When I mention camping, that could range from Vinton, Iowa to Walnut Acres. Everywhere I go to camp, I meet lots of new people and they have a lot in common, because they love to camp like you too, and they’re by lakes and rivers all the time, assuming that they fish often. Why camping? It’s like going to resorts, but much cheaper and there are usually more people to meet, or invite to one of your bonfire nights and it always ends up being a great night to gather. After all of the adults enjoy their rounds of beer, they’ll go in the camper to pass out and sleep in as for us kids, we would star gaze or try to catch ginormous midnight catfish. There is that wide ten hour frame where adults are not around, and you can do all sorts of crazy stuff. By crazy stuff, I mean jumping off trees into rivers, (yeah at night), and we could sometimes go noodling for big flatheads if there is no snapping turtles in the zone, (I know it’s not legal in Iowa). Then we would do more of a normal type activity, such as playing ultimate, (glow in the dark Frisbees). I would with my friend eat tons of food that is still left out on the tables during the adult’s potluck. They would be glad to know that we cleaned up their tables, but they would have no idea where the food went until the following noon. I just love the sound of fires crackling and feeling the warmth of the air, and watch the stars ranging from Perseids to leniods regions, and see several shooting stars. We would make wishes, and on the nights we see meteor showers, we would end up with a ton of wishes, ridiculous ones. They never come true, unless if you make it happen. Not saying I’m a skeptical person, but I have optimism the size of a planet. The worst part is coming back home, knowing that you have school and a daily route. But I am going to constantly look forward to the next weekend, or week after, if the work schedule is in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment