Monday, September 17, 2012

World without music...

I was born into a world of no sounds, and when I had my hearing replaced, I only used it for communication and never bothered listening to music. As the time went by, I heard of songs, but never really got into them. Only because the people were singing; I liked techno songs back then. Until the day I had a new kind of hearing equipment, I could hear everything better, and I listened to a couple of songs I’ve heard of before, but they sounded so much better. I then scrolled to another genre of songs, and pretty soon I listened to millions of songs that I never got to hear since a whole decade and a half since I was born. I was literally obsessed and constantly waiting for new songs to be up on I-tunes. The world without music would be chaotic, because some music lovers like me would go insane if we went through the whole day without listening to music. I am just like my mom, where I would listen to tons of songs and know which ones they are right away. I can’t even think of why I could easily remember tons of songs but not know tons of concepts that I have to learn from school. I listen to literally any kinds of songs except for country. Country is just a little under my league, I must listen to music that holds a lot of rhythmic verses and has catchy beats that change from time to time. Country is just a “dragging wet mop of noises” My most favorite kind of songs are the ones with their own unique beat and yet catchy, they have to usually be fast paced, like hip hop, pop, rap, and songs that would sound a lot like they are “on the ball” I can’t stand listening to very slow music where they sound as if they put too much passion into their voice, and almost sound as if they were about to run out of words. Besides country songs are usually like the blues, there is usually a depress country singer singing about depressing events, as for I; I’m always wanting to move on and listen to cheery songs. Songs like that surprisingly have a lot of influence on my mood. I would listen to alternative songs while working out, listen to hip hop when I want to spice up the boring mood of knowing that I have to wait or kill time before I could do something fun that I planned on. When I go to places like camping, I would still listen to music. If I was working, at Hy-Vee, I would be tired, not because of the work there, but because there is no music to listen to . So music has lots of influence on my daily living, hearing the same songs still doesn’t matter, I would always “hear it differently”. What would you do on a day without music, perhaps forever? Make your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment